Fotolia vs. Dreamstime comparison
Stock photo buyers focus on pricing when trying to determine the best stock photo agency. Each stock photo agency offers many similar options to other agencies, but also offer some extraordinary differences that can enhance the price of an image. It is up to the buyer to determine if the differences are advantageous and worth more than a price difference.
Similarities between Fotolia and Dreamstime
- Free stock photo galleries – Both agencies have extensive free photo galleries that offer members access to this large bank of free photos
- Multiple languages and Currencies – Both agencies have extensive language and currency options
- Pricing and buying options – Both agencies are comparative in their pricing and offer credit and subscription buying options.
- Community – Both agencies focus on community with Fotolia excelling in social network participation and Dreamstime excelling on their website.
- File formats – Both offer stock photos, images and vectors.
- Image library size – Both agencies have similar image library sizes with just over 10 million images.
- Image levels – Both stock photo agencies have divided their images and files into levels. Fotolia divides their files by photos, vectors and collections while Dreamstime divides their images into quality levels, levels 1 through 5. This is reflective in their subscription options and determines their price per image in their subscription prices.
- Includes audio and video files in their database
- Fotolia is more technically advanced with additional user benefits that make their buying and searching experience easier; Microsoft add-n, Flixtime, Fotolia Desktop
- RAW image files are available for purchase
- Older company than Fotolia by 5 years
- Uses their community of buyers and photographers as website contributors to enhance the agencies model and build useful content
Which one to pick
Both stock photo agencies have comparable prices, low priced starting subscriptions, large image libraries, free photo galleries and serve international markets. It is recommended to sign up for both free memberships to take advantage of the differences that each agency has, and not the similarities. Fotolia has some great technical advantages and Dreamstime has some great community and tutorial advantages that Fotolia does not offer. To take advantage of Fotolia’s differences sign up for a free Fotolia membership today. To take advantage of the Dreamstime community and learn more about design and photos, sign up for the free Dreamstime membership today.