PhotoSpin is a stock photography agency that was developed by and continues to be managed by creative professionals; photographers, graphic designers who believe in offering good quality images and designs for reasonable prices.
Their buying models, annual subscription is attractive for photo stock buyers who use a large amount images. They have strategically created two subscription options that are determined by the size of the images so bloggers and designers can benefit from their collections and library.
- Over 1.2 million images
- Up to 50,000 new photos and illustrations added each month. The library also includes audio, video and fonts
- PhotoSpin has been online since 1999 and began selling stock photos under the name Kai’s Power Photos in 1996
- File types sold on PhotoSpin are photos, vectors, video, audio and fonts
- Accepts payment by PayPal and Visa, American Express, MasterCard, and Discovery card
- Multi-seat licenses available for $49.95 for each additional person added to a subscription
- Searchable by: keywords, categories, collections, file type, artists, and orientation. Very basic search capabilities in their Premier Collection library
- Tutorials on programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator available in the PS Labs section of their site
- English only. No international contacts or languages currently available
- Their FAQ is simple and easy to use
- PhotoSpin has their corporate headquarters in San Pedro, California, USA
Subscription and Single Purchase Buying Options
PhotoSpin offers 6 annual buying options
They are defined by file size, image access (based on collections) and length of subscription. It is important that the buyers carefully review what their subscription is offering and the image access they are allowed. The Web subscription is for 800 px and 72 dpi images available only in their Expanded Premium Collection. This is great for online content but will not provide print quality photos. The Plus subscription only gives the buyer access to one collection, not the entire Expanded Collection so again, read the subscription details first.
Review of PhotoSpin’s Subscription Services
PhotoSpin offers six subscription buying options: their Premier Collection offers annual Plus and Super Plus Subscriptions ( Best Value) and their Expanded Collections offer a Web Package starting at $188.00 USD for 800 px/72 dpi images at 25 downloads a day and a maximum of 750 images per month, and also a Print Package, Unlimited Package and a Full Access Package. Each of the Expanded subscriptions can be purchased for 1,3, 6 or 12 months with prices changing accordingly and provides access to the Expanded Premium library of images.
The best deals on their site can be found with the Premier Plus and Super Plus subscriptions. These subscriptions provide access to the Premier Collection only, and each has size restrictions. The bonus and what makes this subscription offer so cheap, is the buyer has the right to 50 downloads per day and up to 750 downloads per month. It is a one time purchase for each subscription starting at just $429.00 USD annually. That equals 9,000 downloads for just $429.00 USD. WOW!
- Best Deal is the Premier Plus or Super Plus annual subscription that allows up to 9,000 downloads for the buyer per year
- Flexibility in subscription options
- Subscription services are cheap, the cheapest on the market
- The Plus plan is cheaper due to the size of the images which gives bloggers and web designers cheaper buy-in options
- Additional licensing options require negotiation and are not included in subscription plans. All images are royalty free only
Image Searching Tools
The Premier collection has a simplified meta data search tool. The search tool is limited but has been determined by their subscription plans and the criteria that has defined their buying options.
PhotoSpin offers royalty free files but does have an extended license option that can discussed and negotiated through email or a phone call to their licensing department
PhotoSpin does offer multi-seat licenses for $49.95 USD per additional user when ordering subscriptions.
Add-ons and Special Features
Tutorials – PhotoSpin is managed by creative professionals so they know the value of tutorials and tips. Their PhotoSpin labs are a collection of tutorials for designers and provides tips for creating unique designs and photos.
Retail Invoices – When you use an image from your subscription for a client, PhotoSpin will create a retail priced invoice that you can present to your customer. This is a way to monetize your subscription without breaking terms and conditions. You are charging the client for the retail price of the image while buying it at your discounted subscription price.
The PhotoSpin Review Summary
PhotoSpin offers cheap annual subscription plans which can be a great deal for bloggers and designers who use a lot of images. You can end up paying as little as 1¢ per web image. The website is not sophisticated but it is easy to navigate, transparent and full of information. It provides an extensive library of photos for an attractive annual price.
PhotoSpin Coupon Code – One additional Month for Free!
If you join Photospin through this link, you will get a additional month added to your subscription. This means, your subscription will run for 13 instead of 12 months. You can find more details about the PhotoSpin Coupon Code here!