Bigstock is a stock photo agency with almost 15 years in business, and was acquired by Shutterstock early on. This company has a very large image library full of high quality royalty free stock photos, and a much wider price range with options for every budget.
They sell images on demand using credit packs for between $0,99 and $21 each according to size and credit pack used. With subscriptions you have plenty of choices, between daily and monthly download limits, volume sizes and duration from one month and up to one year. These plans give you images for as little as $0,16 to $2,75 per download. Bigstock is a very reliable agency and it's worth exploring if you like multiple buying options.
Offer: Bigstock Free Trial
Try Bigstock free for 7 days. Download up to 35 royalty-free stock images.
Get a discount on any of your credit package purchase. This is valid for new and existing customers! Enjoy downloading high quality images from Bigstock.
Get a discount on any Bigstock subscription. This is valid for new and existing customers! Enjoy downloading high quality images from Bigstock.
Bigstock, previously known as Bigstockphoto, came into the stock photo scene in 2004 and purchased by Shutterstock in 2009. Bigstock is a stock photo agency that offers credit pricing in addition to the convenient “Pay As You Go” cash pricing. There is one standard license and for the sale of merchandise and web templates Bigstock offers one extended license. What stands out about Bigstock is the simplicity and ease of navigation of the website. This enables users to easily find the content they are looking for at very affordable prices
Since the purchase by Shutterstock, Bigstock went through a website redesign. The new design added some great search features, a new logo, a new buyer interface and the addition of an API so that communication can extend beyond their website. A few interesting additions like the collections gallery and ‘Be Inspired’ section has been added to help and gain the interest of stock photo buyers.
The company philosophy has not changed. It has retained its credit model and cheap buying options. Bigstock should be watched to see what other additions or changes will be made by its parent company Shutterstock. The addition of the new German and Spanish websites in 2011 could have Bigstock extending their international reach.
- Over 8.5 million images and growing every day
- Bigstock has been online since 2004 and was bought by Shutterstock in 2009
- Changed name to Bigstock from Bigstockphoto in 2010
- File types sold on Bigstock are stock photos, illustrations and vector files
- One Standard and one Extended license
- Searchable by: keywords, categories new images, most popular images and more. The search engine is new and image keywords have been updated for better search results
- Languages including: English, Spanish and German with international sites dedicated to these languages.
- Their FAQ is extensive for members and contributors. The FAQ sections are designed to find answers and is easy to navigate with Live support available for users.
- Bigstock has their corporate headquarters in the New York USA at the Shutterstock offices
Credit Based Buying Options
The Bigstock credit buying option is transparent and cheap. With their credit buying wizard a buyer can easily identify their best credit package. Buyers can purchase 25 credits for $49 USD at a per credit price of $1.96 USD. Customers can also buy the largest credit pack of 500 credits for $495 USD where one credit is only $0.99 USD.
Bigstock credit buying option:
- Credits can be purchased with either one of the predetermined packs or if a customer needs more than 500 credits he can choose the credit pack size as needed
- Credits start at only $0.99 USD
- The smallest credit pack is available at $49 for 25 credits
- Bigstock offers one standard and one extended license for either 50 credits or $99 USD when the image is purchased using “Pay As You Go”.
- Standard and extended license can be purchased with credits or “Pay As You Go”
- Custom credit packs are only available for more than 500 credits.
- A low investment is needed to start the buying process
- Savings start at 19% and is early in the credit package options
- Great savings are found in the larger credit packages
Image Searching Tools
Bigstock has just revamped their search engine and their image keyword system (try a search for woman) so that images are easier to find, relevant and fast. It is simple, easy to use and enables an initial search by contributor, release date, category, orientation, media type, file type, premium images and mature content and enhances this with a secondary definable search option if you click on a found image. Users can also search by new and popular images as well.
Some things to keep in mind:
- International websites (German and Spanish) are dedicated to a native speaker so users can search in their language easily
- This is a new search engine that was added in 2010
Bigstock offers 2 licensing options that make it even easier for users to determine the right license for their image usage.
The Standard License is provided with each downloaded image and included in the image price. The Extended License costs either 50 credits or $99 USD when the image is purchased using “Pay As You Go”.
Add-ons and Special Features
Buyer Blog The Download – This is new addition to the website and seem to be generating some interest. It includes design tutorials, seasonal images, promotions and buyer updates. Post occur every 5 to 7 days so it is pretty active. The Upload Blog is for contributors. The Blog is also available in German and Spanish.
Be Inspired Section – This is a special feature that includes collections, travel photos, the blog link and other help and interesting information for buyers. The collections gallery is worth checking out and is a nice addition to the website.
Cut and Paste location URL – for designers that want immediate approval for images from their clients, Bigstock has a cut and paste URL option on each image page. This is an excellent tool for those who are searching for various images and require client approval quickly.
See whats new on Bigstock
Bigstock was founded in 2004 with the goal of providing affordable, royalty-free images and has continued that philosophy during the recent purchase by Shutterstock. Bigstock continues to grow and be recognized as one of the largest credit-based stock image agencies, offering millions of high quality photographs, illustrations, and vectors. Bigstock’s new search engine has improved its usability. The lastest Spanish and German websites show that Bigstock is reaching out to international communities.
Bigstock has some great credit deals and users can benefit from registration. If you are looking for subscriptions, their sister website Shutterstock may be a better fit for your design needs.
1 review for Bigstock Review
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.