Corbis Images Review – One Stop Stock Agency
Corbis Images was a stock photography agency owned by technology titan Bill Gates, developed in 1989 that later grew to include other stock photo brands like Veer, Corbis Motion and GreenLight. In 2016, Corbis and its additional stock media brands were sold to Visual China Group, and the distributor for all this content outside Asia is none other than the prestigious Getty Images.
So Corbis Images does not exist as a stand-alone agency anymore, but you can still find and license their great images via Getty Images!
- Over 100 million images – including photos, illustrations and footage
- Rights-Managed, Editorial and Royalty Free Content
- CORBIS IMAGES was launched in 1989 by Bill Gates
- Accepts payments by Visa, American Express and MasterCard
- Currency in the currency that matches your desired language or chosen country
Corbis Images Particulars
- Searchable by: keywords, file type, orientation, license type, license type
- Each country page has different features, the US Corbis image page has a blog, each country page has added benefits for signing up and buying images, ie – gift certificates, discounts
- Large selection of quality images to choose from
- Search supports multiple languages and currencies with over 50 different countries served through their website.
- Corbis Images has their corporate headquarters in Seattle, WA and has additional offices in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia
- Corbis owns a own Microstock Agency called Veer
Corbis Images options to purchase single images:
- Images range in price depending on use, amount of time used, and for what purpose the image is being used; web, advertising, mobile, etc
- Image sizes will correspond with the use with higher res images used for print and lower res images purchased for web
Corbis Single Image buying Pros
- Credits and subscription buying not required
- One time purchases for specific photos or images
- Can determine use in advance and have the correct image res and rights options presented
CorbisSingle Image buying Cons
- More expensive buying option
Corbis Images options for Image packs and subscriptions:
- Subscription and image package are varies with as many options as images. It would be impossible to list all of the options here, best to investigate the best option for you
You can easily search images by categories (separate page), keyword, photographer, orientation, images with or without people, people group images, only vectors or no vectors. Due to the amount of images in the stock photo agency, search options is highlighted and using the various filters necessary.
Licensing options – Rights managed, Royalty free and Editorial licenses
When you buy your image you also determine which licensing option you wish to either buy or have for the photo. Rights managed images will cost more and you can determine the length of time for the Rights managed image license.
Corbis Images has two main divisions for their collections, Creative and Editorial. Collections within the Creative are broken two into licensing categories and then further into specific Collections. The Editorial collections are five areas, Sports, Documentary, Fine Art, Entertainment and Archival. The categories then vary in each collection. With over 100 million images, Collections and categories are important but there are more than most stock photo agencies.
Corbis Images successfully treats and caters to Agencies, corporate accounts, and customers. They see and realize the importance of each customer section and cater to each group. Their options are endless, which makes a focused review a challenge, but the interface and online tools makes the customer experience easy.
Corbis Images calls itself a creative resource for marketing, online, advertising and web professionals Their goal is to provide the right images through their vast selection to this target customer group. They focus on print and online images and provide these images on four online distribution sites, Corbis® Images, Corbis Motion, Veer and GreenLight. They pride themselves in being the company helps the creative community.
In addition to online images, Corbis Images is storing paper images for historical use in two US based storage facilities. These initiatives ensure the images in these iconic collections can be easily accessed while preserving them for future generations.
Corbis Images may not be for everyone, but their other stock photo agencies could be worth looking into for more reasonable prices, less images to search through or just a different feel in the produced images. What you do receive from Corbis is high quality images that are creative and inspiring.
Corbis and the Corbis logo are registered trademarks of Corbis Corporation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.