Dollar Photo Club Alternative Review – Basics
UPDATE 1st Jan 2019: DollarPhotoClub.com announced that they will close on 15th April 2016. We have got a great Dollar Photo Club alternative post here. Check out our alternative offer here for double the downloads and same the price.
All about the closure for new customers in the video below:
- Access via www.dollarphotoclub.com in English, Spanish and many more languages
- Huge library of photos, illustrations and vector files
- Simple licensing, simple downloading, all images at one low price
- Monthly or annual membership, unused downloads carried over
- Accepts major credit cards and PayPal
- Just $1 per image. Full resolution!
10 Free additional Images if you sign-up the $99 VIP Membership
- They do not accept and new clients – get 200 XXL Stock Photo Downloads for the same price here!
DPC Particulars and Details
- Based on the image library of Fotolia, containing more than 20 million photos, illustrations, and vectors
- Images available at full resolution for $1 per download
- Low starting limit of 10 downloads per month or 99 downloads per year, $1 each
- Standard Licenses covers all major commercial and editorial uses
- Extended License option for unlimited print runs or merchandise products
Do you remember the 1999 movie “Fight Club” starring Edward Norton and Brad Pitt? Well, here is the number 1 rule of the “Dollar Photo Club”: Every image just $1! But at least we are allowed to talk about it. Some people even think the name of DPC is Dollar Photo Stock but that's not true.
Join today and get 200 Stock Photos for just $99
(Sorry, the offer of DPC is not available anymore)
Cut through complex and expensive stock pricing – discover over 25 million
royalty-free images, and downloads that never expire, all for $1!
The Dollar Photo Club is a unique offering in today's microstock market for licensing images: Its approach is a “membership” but frankly it is basically what other sites are calling a “subscription” – pay a fixed fee and get a fixed number of images in exchange. With a major difference: The Dollar Photo Club is making an offer you almost can't reject. The price per image is a meager dollar and the minimum purchase is $10 for a single month or $99 for a whole year of access for 10 or 99 downloads respectively. This offer is hard to beat so if you need images to join the Dollar Photo Club now!
Adobe Stock – a good Alternative
This is an update from August 2015. Since Adobe seems to have closed the website for any new customers, they are more after getting customers for their Adobe Stock website which we reviewed here. We highly advise to also check our alternative offer above.
Search results at DollarPhotoClub: Variety of images, lots of options
The search at the Dollar Photo Club shows a huge variety of images, offering customers a wide choice of different styles and content. The extended search features on the left are prominent, easy to understand and help to get to the kind of content you are looking for.
The library of Fotolia contains many millions of images, covering most popular topics – as a result, even searches for a combination of multiple terms result in a solid number of images to choose from the Dollar Photo Club Site as well.
Simplified design, easy to use and understand
What we like most about the Dollar Photo Club is the simplified design that makes the site easy to use and understand: Most other sites are complex as they offer different sizes, different licensing options, different collections. With simplified pricing, the Dollar Photo Club can drop all those considerations. There is only a simple choice to make between the Standard License and the Extended License, so the rest of the site is available to show relevant information helping buyers to find their ways to the images they need.
The File Detail Page is actually blended in over the search results, so you can easily close that window and be right where you left the search. The detail page also shows Similar Images, so it's easy to get from one image you lime to others belonging to the same series. Make your choice and press the Download button and you get a full-sized image to your hard drive to use in your designs.
Licensing Options at Dollar Photo Club
- Royalty-Free Standard license: Limited to 500,000 print runs, no merchandise articles for resale
- Extended Licenses for waiving print run limitation and allows merchandise articles
- All photos can be used worldwide, without restrictions, and for multiple projects
The Dollar Photo Club standard license covers the usual uses in commercial or editorial areas. The main limitations are a size maximum of 2,000 x 2,000 pixels for use on websites, some restrictions for use on social media sites, a print run or view (for TV/movie uses) limitation and the common prohibition of resale products.
The Extended License is available for $50 per image.
Get 10 Free Images
(additional to the $99 VIP Plan)
SPECIAL OFFER – Signup free now!
- This offer is no longer available – get 200 XXL Stock Photo Downloads for the same price here!
Dollar Photo Club Review Summary
In the current market, the Dollar Photo Club is a unique offer in its structure: For customers needing images regularly but not daily, the annual subscription is probably the best offer you can get: $1 per image with a pretty low investment of $99, and if you need more you can easily add more downloads to your membership. The variety of content is huge, so there is a lot of potential that you find mostly all images you will need for your advertising, editorial uses or blog. At this price you do not even need a coupon code to get the cheapest dollar image prices. We hope you liked our Dollar Photo Club Review, please share your thoughts below.
10 Free additional Images if you sign-up the $99 VIP Membership (Limited Time until 31st October)
- This offer is no longer available – check out this alternative offer, which will get you 200 XXL Stock Photo Downloads for the same price!
Check out this great video about DollarPhotoClub
You are a stock photographer? Read about some of the issues DPC had with their contributors here.