iStockphoto Review (now iStock)
iStockphoto.com (now iStock by Getty Images read about the change) is one of the top stock photography agencies; they are the pioneer for the Microstock image industry. iStock is recommended for those who are looking for an impressive selection of stock photos, video, illustrations, vectors and audio in terms of quality and quantity. With the amount of experience and largest stock photo library of exclusive images, this stock agency is certainly worth considering if you are looking for royalty-free images.
We have been giving iStockphoto promo code which you can find below:
iStock Promo Code April 2017
Expired iStock Promo Code
iStockphoto Review – Facts
- Over 8 million exclusive images you won’t find anywhere else – including photos, illustrations, vectors, audio and video.
- iStock know what trends are important and actively brief contributors to ensure that the exclusive imagery they get is exactly what their customers need.
- Accepts PayPal, Visa, American Express and MasterCard. They also accept US money orders or checks from US or Canadian banks.
- Searchable by: keywords, file type, contributor, collection, size, shape, complexity, details, additional filters, colour, file number and light box.
- Free weekly photos, illustrations, video clips and audio clips.
- Signature artist of the month – follows a different contributing artist each month and gives the story of their art and what it means to them.
- Supports many languages including: English, German, Korean, French, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Their FAQ is thorough for everyone, including: buyers, sellers, individual purchasers and corporate accounts.
- iStockphoto.com was founded in April 2000, with the initial attempt at launching into stock photo around 1999.
- iStock is owned by the biggest stock photography agency in the world, Getty Images.
- iStockphoto has their corporate headquarters in Alberta, Canada.
iStockphoto has a fantastic keyword-driven search within their website that will make finding the right photo for you very simple. The search is provided on their own database, and uses their own controlled vocabulary. There is an Auto-suggest that appears when you start typing, a search bar will automatically populate suggestions for you to try. Once in the search page you can you can modify the order of your results. By default, your most relevant results will be displayed first with automatically differing images rather than the same image replicated in different iterations. Or you can sort by popularity or newness. You can also search by collection, license type, people (or the absence of), composition and there is even a handy color chart which shows you images relevant to any color you want!
Collections and purchasing methods
There are two purchasing methods on iStock, buying with Credits or a Subscription which where introduced some time ago. Images are then broken out into Essential and Subscription collections. Read more about the new collections here. The Essential collection holds millions of the everyday content you need whilst the Signature collection holds over 8 million hand-picked images, illustrations, video and music from their most talented contributors.
Buy Credits or subscribe to their Subscriptions
As well as keeping things simple with collections there are only two ways of paying for content on iStock, namely Credits and Subscriptions. Credits allow a great deal of flexibility with 1 credit being worth 1 Essential image and 3 credits being worth 1 Signature image. A single Credit pack can be purchased for $12 dollars but stocking up allows for volume discounts of up to 60% for registered customers. iStock has recently changed how their calculate their credits – easy to remember since now it's 1 credit = 1 Essential iStock image.
Subscriptions offer even more savings with quality images for as low as $0.22. Subscriptions last for a month or a full year. Monthly subscriptions start at 10 per month and yearly at 50 with larger subscription packages offering increasingly better savings. Check out the full pricing page here.
Subscriptions on iStock also have easy-to-understand licencing:
The Summary of our iStock Review
iStock (former iStockphoto) has been around since the beginning of the online industry for stock photography, and were the pioneers of Microstock. Because of that, they are a popular company, with loyal contributors as well as clients. The iStockphoto staff is very particular with the images they allow into their library. Based on this, you know you are getting the best images in the industry. Besides that, this company has been around since the beginning of Microstock, so you know you are dealing with an experienced leader in the industry. This agency is suitable for those looking for royalty-free images.
If you are looking for a great image-by-image service for your company, iStockphoto is the agency for you and your projects. It is incredibly easy to register for your free account and start taking advantage of their amazing library and great prices today!
We have been giving iStockphoto promo code which one of them can you find here: To Save 12% Off at any iStock subscriptions, click the banner below.
iStock Promo Code April 2017
Get 15% OFF on iStock Subscriptions when you sign up today.
Get 10% Off on iStock Credits for ALL Customers, even existing ones!