This video editing solution is aimed at non-professionals, and packed with resources and features to make compelling video creation as easy as possible. Best of all? It’s free.
Here is everything you need to know about the iStock Video Editor.
But first, have a quick look at what the tool is about in this video below:
Video Editing for Those Who Don’t Know How to Edit
That’s more or less what the iStock Video Editor is about. Its simple interface, clear and intuitive features, and multiple design resources are meant to make it very easy to create an awesome video that looks professional, even if you don’t know much about video editing. It’s perfect for those who need simple, yet attractive, short videos made, and for those who don’t know their way around complex editing tools.
Everything to Make Beautiful Short Videos on the Fly
The iStock Video Editor is intended for creatives to put together great, short-length video content in no time, and comes equipped with resources to do just that:
- Templates: The tool integrates 3500+ video templates to make it super easy to create a video. There are designs for things like social media videos, YouTube videos, marketing, intros and outros, and more. Themes are very varied too, with concepts like summer, healthcare or women’s history month among the many available.
- Stock media: You can search and select stock images, stock footage and stock music from iStock’s library to include in your project in a couple clicks.
- Customization: Make your videos look unique with overlaid text, transitions and other design elements.
- Short videos: The Editor can manage finished videos of up to 5 minutes in length.
- Uploads: You may also upload your own images, videos, music tracks, logos and other custom graphics to integrate into your project.
- Download: The finished videos can be downloaded in the format and size of your choice (from the available), including preset sizes for social media and YouTube. You can also re-download your projects in different sizes.
As you see, creating videos with the iStock Video Editor is very simple, and you won’t be resigning quality for simplicity, at all.
How Much Does The iStock Video Editor Cost
Nothing. The iStock Video Editor is a free tool, and you can access it, work with it and download your finished videos without paying a penny.
However, iStock's stock photos, stock videos, and stock music are paid. So you will be required to pay for those assets in order to download videos using them. It is not possible to use the editor without adding at least one asset from iStock’s catalog, which makes it a very useful tool for iStock customers, as well as for those willing to use their content.
All videos and images come with an iStock Standard license by default, which means you’ll be able to re-use them as many times as you wish, in any number of projects/designs, at no added cost. You can see details on the iStock service and its pricing here.
iStock Video Editor: A Friendly Videomaking Tool for Non-Editors
And there you go, that is the iStock Video Editor in a nutshell!
Now it’s your turn to head over to the iStock Video Editor page and give it a go!