With over 3.5 trillion photos shared through smart phones, that's a lot of words! In 2000, only 85 million photos were shared. The increase shows how mobile devices has grown photo sharing to new heights! The demand for photos is rising even more so keep taking those photos!
- China has the most mobile subscribers reaching 1 billion smart phone users
- 65% of mobile use is in developing nations
- Google glass is the first real time photo and video sharing device
- There are 10,000 more photos in 2013 documenting US history than what is archived in the US library of Congress
- iPhones have 8 mega pixel cameras but Nokia has 41 mega pixel cameras in their smart phones
- Journalists are using mobile photos for instant photo sharing making news publication instant!
Fascinating stuff and makes you think about how you can make an impact in photography today. The ideas seem endless and options abound! You can also check out more infographics from iStockphoto.
Download: Trends_in_Mobile_Photography_Infographic_2013 PDF
or click on the infographic below.