Who doesn’t love Photoshop? Adobe’s star photo editing tool is an industry darling, but its first-class photo editing comes at a price.
If you are looking for a way to use Photoshop for free, here we teach you how to activate a Photoshop free trial that, albeit for a limited time, will give you access to all the premium features without paying a dime.
So let’s cut the chase. Here is the Photoshop Free Trial!
Cancel risk-free within the first week, or stay subscribed to enjoy Photoshop for only $20.99/mo.
WARNING! This is the only legitimate Photoshop free trial currently available, and it’s for a one-week duration. Beware of trial offers with 30 days of free access: these are either for a pirated version of the software (which is illegal and can cause more harm than you imagine), a dated offer that is no longer running, or otherwise a scam.
If you're looking for deals on other Adobe products, check out our list of the best Adobe discounts!
And if you're into this company, don't miss the latest Adobe stats!
Step by Step to Get your Photoshop Free Trial
Activate your one-week free trial for Photoshop this way:
- Go to the official Adobe Photoshop Free Trial page – this is the only legitimate way to unlock a free trial for Photoshop
- Click on the “Start Free Trial” button near the bottom of the page – it’ll land you on the checkout page
- Select the type of membership that suits you: individual, student or teacher, or business and team, and hit “Continue”
- The checkout page will show you your Photoshop plan options depending on your selected modality. For individuals, these are Photoshop single app, Photography Plan, and All Apps (more on this, right next). Pick the best for you and click on “Continue”
- Select a billing method. You can opt between monthly, yearly billed monthly, and annual billed upfront. The price per month decreases in that order, too. Then again, “Continue”
- At this point, you’ll be offered the chance to add an Adobe Stock subscription (see our Adobe Stock review), which is paid separately; you can opt out if you don’t want one – Keep in mind that Adobe Stock has its 30-day free trial with up to 40 free image downloads
- Enter your payment information. This is required to activate your trial, so you can’t avoid it. But while your credit card info is registered, you will not be charged a penny during the seven days of the free trial, nor if you cancel before that period. Click on “start free trial” at the bottom of the page to proceed with checkout.
- Done! Within minutes, your Photoshop Trial will be active, and you’ll have a whole week of full access to its features, completely free of charge.
REMEMBER: When you subscribe to Photoshop, you can cancel anytime, but if you want to avoid being charged a single penny, you must cancel your subscription before the trial period ends; this is within the first seven days after activating it. After this period, you can still cancel your plan, but fees may apply.
Important Info on the Adobe Photoshop Free Trial
- Photoshop is part of Adobe Creative Cloud’s ecosystem, which means you can use this app in your browser through Creative Cloud, using your Adobe ID login and an Internet connection. Learn all about Creative Cloud and its pricing options here! And if you are a deal-hunter, don't miss these cool Creative Cloud discounts!
- If you wish to work on a creative desktop, you can download and install Creative Cloud as a desktop or mobile app. From the Creative Cloud app, you can use and manage all your Adobe apps, including Photoshop
- Additionally, you can download and install Photoshop as a stand-alone app. It’s available for desktop and mobile devices.
- If you are going to work with Adobe apps, you should definitely consider adding an Adobe Stock subscription. Its high-quality images are very affordable, and its seamless integration with the Photoshop library will make your life easier.
But you can choose a different stock media provider if you wish. Here is a list of cool Adobe Stock alternatives for you.
Get Photoshop: 3 Different Ways (All with Free Trial!)
If you checked our step-by-step guide above, you noticed that in step 4 we mentioned there are three different plans to buy Photoshop CC. You can choose between them, the one that fits your creative needs. They all include a free first-week trial for Photoshop, so don’t worry!
Photoshop Single App
You can subscribe to just Photoshop CC. The single app plan, including the free Photoshop trial, costs:
- Month-to-month: $31.49/mo
- Annual billed monthly: $20.99/mo
- Annual paid upfront: $239.88/yr
This option includes full access to Photoshop, Photoshop Express (previously known as Adobe Spark), Photoshop Camera, Adobe Fresco, and Adobe Express. Plus, it comes with 100 GB of cloud storage.
This option combines two of the most useful apps for photographers: Photoshop and Lightroom CC. Lightroom is an image editing software too, but it’s more suitable for light photo editing and adds file management and file sharing features. This membership has two options:
- Annual billed monthly: $19.99/mo
- Annual paid upfront: $239.88/yr
In both cases, there is a seven day free trial. This plan comes with Photoshop, Photoshop Express, Photoshop Camera, Lightroom, and Lightroom Classic and has 1 TB of cloud storage.
Creative Cloud All Apps
The most complete of Adobe offers, the paid Creative Cloud membership gives you access to all the Adobe apps benefits. This includes photo editing tools like Photoshop or Lightroom and Adobe programs to design web pages, create vector art, edit video, edit sound, manage documents, and much more. You can subscribe in one of three options:
- Month-to-month: $82.99/mo
- Annual billed monthly: $54.99/mo
- Annual paid upfront: $599.88/ye
As you see, this is the priciest alternative. However, with this plan, you buy not only Photoshop CC but also the 25+ pro apps in Creative Cloud. And, you get 100 GB of cloud storage.
BONUS: Photoshop Discounts for Students and Teachers (Free Trial Too!)
This is the best offer for a student or a teacher: Adobe has a 60% discount on the All Apps plan during the first year and a 40% discount from the second year onwards. The Photoshop free trial is also available with this option.
- Annual billed monthly: $19.99/mo for the first year – $32.99/mo from the second year
To unlock this discount, you need to sign up for a new Adobe account using a school-verified email or provide proof that you’re a student or teacher using Adobe’s creative apps for educational purposes. See the rules of eligibility here.
Extras in All Photoshop Plans:
Every one of the above-listed subscriptions to Photoshop includes access to what it’s detailed on the offers, plus Adobe Portfolio for creating portfolio websites to showcase your work, Adobe Fonts with exclusive premium fonts, Behance community, and Creative Cloud Libraries.
Also worth mentioning is that any of these paid subscription plans give you access to the latest version and features in the photo editing software.
How to Cancel the Photoshop Free Trial
It’s relatively simple. The trial version is nothing but initial free access to the full version of Photoshop. This means you get to use Photoshop’s pro features absolutely free, and it also means that if you stay subscribed beyond the trial deadline, you will be charged the regular fees.
To cancel your free trial for Photoshop, all you have to do is:
- Go into your Adobe account
- Go to your membership that contains Photoshop and hit “Manage plan” or “View plan” to see the details
- Click on “Cancel your plan”
- Select a reason for canceling your plan
- Hit “Continue”
- Done! Your free trial for Photoshop is now canceled.
IMPORTANT: This Photoshop free trial is for one week only. If you cancel within one week of subscribing, you will not be charged a penny for using Photoshop. You will be charged for the whole month if you cancel after that.
What is Adobe Photoshop?
Photoshop is a professional photo retouching and manipulation tool used by photographers and graphic artists to fine-tune, alter, and edit photographs. It has its native file format and can also open files in different formats.
Initially available as an installable one-time buy solution, it is now an app available via subscription in Adobe Creative Cloud. However, you can still download and install Photoshop on your desktop, and mobile apps are also available for iOS.
Adobe Photoshop Elements is the only non subscription version of this tool that remains available. Elements is a selection of preset edits for images, so you can download Photoshop Elements to apply its presets to your pictures.
Why Photoshop? Benefits of an Industry-Standard Tool
Photoshop is THE photo editor. You’ll struggle to find a professional graphic designer that doesn’t know, use, and even love this tool. Almost every pro photographer has downloaded Photoshop at least once.
And there is a good reason for that. Adobe’s flagship product is a powerful, professional-grade software that gives you complete control over your images. It has image manipulation features that allow more extensive editing to make pictures look flawless and unique.
This is a great go-to solution when you want to post-process photos comprehensively.
But there is another benefit: Adobe’s reputation. This product is well-known as an industry standard and a complex, hard-to-use tool that only pros dominate. Working with Photoshop gives you and your images an aura of professionalism that many find desirable.
If you are wondering about Photoshop alternatives, there are several. Premium tools like Affinity Photo or Procreate, and even free alternatives like Photopea or GIMP. You can also find a good replacement in Luminar AI, which is powered by AI technology.
What is Adobe Photoshop Express?
Photoshop Express is an app that is part of the Adobe Photoshop family, specifically designed for mobile use. While it shares many features with the main application, Express has a more accessible interface, with options to create photo collages or your own branded graphics for social media, for example.
If this app calls your attention, you may also want to try Adobe Express –formerly Adobe Spark–, a user-friendly graphic design tool that combines some of the most powerful features of Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, and more relevant apps into one simple but efficient tool.
Learn more in our Adobe Express review.
If you like Canva, here you can see Adobe Express vs Canva analyzed.
And if you like options, we have a whole list of Adobe Express alternatives just for you!
What Can Be Done with Photoshop
This software can perform basic to very advanced image manipulation. With it, you can:
- Edit photos: Enhance colors, adjust sharpness, correct blurriness, remove noise, etc.
- Retouch portraits: The famous airbrush to make photos magazine-style perfect
- Manipulate photos: Add or remove subjects or objects in photos, combine multiple images in one shot, and more
- Restore old photos
- Create digital paintings
Among many more edits.
Is Photoshop Free?
Not per se, no. Photoshop is a premium product, and you must pay to use it. However, the free trial version of Photoshop has access to all the features of the paid version and is free during the trial duration.
Your access to Photoshop in a free-of-charge version is limited, then, but it is available nonetheless.
Frequently Asked Questions About Adobe Photoshop
Does Photoshop have a free trial?
Yes, there is a free trial for Photoshop currently available. You can unlock it right here.
How long is Photoshop free trial?
The Photoshop free trial has a one-week duration from the day you activate it.
Is there a free version of Photoshop?
Yes, the free 7-day trial is the official, free version of Photoshop with full access to all features.
Which Photoshop version is free now?
The Photoshop free trial applies to the latest version of the tool, which right now is the August 2022 version.
How much does Photoshop cost?
The one-week free trial is completely free of charge (if you cancel before the initial 7 days are up). The regular price of Photoshop starts at $9.99/mo with a Photography Plan or $20.99/mo with a single app plan.
Is Photoshop available without a subscription?
No. While there used to be a one-time-buy option for this software, right now it's only available via annual or monthly subscription on Creative Cloud.
Is there student pricing for Photoshop?
Yes. Verified students and teachers get Photoshop and all other Adobe apps for $19.99/mo for the first year. To access this special pricing you need to provide a school-issued email address or other proof of ID.
And there you have it. Now you know how to get Photoshop for free, what are you waiting for?