Get a 10% OFF on Subscription when you sign up for 123RF or get 10% more credits when you buy credits from them.
123rf.com is one of the biggest players in the stock agency game today. 123rf is worth watching to see how it progresses. As a website, the layout is clear and information is easy to find. They are active on their social networks and market themselves successfully to the international, media savvy markets. The agency is owned by one of the larger traditional stock photography companies, Inmagine and 123rf has partnered in some of their services.
- Over 32 million images
- 35,000 images added daily
- 123rf.com has been online since 2005
- File types sold on 123rf are JPG and vector files, TIFF files and exclusive (EVO) stock photos; video and audio files; 123RF also started offering Logo Designs which can be licensed for exclusive use
- Accepts payment by PayPal, Visa, American Express and MasterCard, Cheque and Bank transfer
- Extended, editorial and multi-seat licenses available
- Searchable by: Keywords or Categories; advanced search options can filter by several additional criteria
- 123RF also offers specific search for model released images based on Gender, Age or Ethnicitiy
- Free Stock Images, Graphics, Digital Art and Audio Files
- Languages including: English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Czeck, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Mandarin, Hungarian, Swedish, Vietnamese and Korean with international contact emails in various languages.
- Comprehensive FAQ for all product types and licenses for both members and contributors. The FAQ sections are designed to find answers and is easy to navigate.
- 123rf.com has their corporate headquarters in Hong Kong with offices in 22 countries.
Credit-and Subscription Based Currency Options
The 123rf.com credit and subscription buying options are transparent and clearly defined.
Credit buying option:
- Credits can be purchased in predefined package sizes or for any required package size (minimum is 10)
- Credits start at $1 for the 20 credit package and get discounted on larger packages
- Multi-Seat License available for 30 credits, other Extended Licenses starting at 50 credits
- Their Corporate+ credit sharing between multiple users, includes multi-seat usage on images and additional features for large image users
- Credits are flexible throughout the year
- Extended licenses can be purchased with credit
- Multi-seat licenses can be purchased with credits
123rf.com Daily Subscription Offer
123rf.com offers a multitude of subscription buying options: The basic plan contains up to 5 JPG or EPS images per day, the advanced plan contains 26 images per day; both plans can be ordered for 30, 90, 180 or 365 days with discounts on the larger timelines.
- Minimum of 5 images per day to a maximum of 26 images per day
- One month, 3 month, 6 months and annual subscriptions
- Low image prices of $0,60 per image for the smallest and shortest plan down to $0,20 for the large annual subscription!
- Standard, editorial photos and vector images in any quality and size
- Flexibility in subscription options
- Extremely low image prices available
Image Search Tools
123rf has extensive search tools for their huge image database.
The keyword search offers a modern type-ahead feature suggesting popular terms based on the first characters typed.
Even misspelled searches are countered with suggestions of similar meanings or spelling.
Advanced Search Form
The Advanced Search options allow the limitation of the search results by different features. All searches can also be sorted by Relevance, Variety, Image Age, Popularity or the GeoRank – providing images based on buying behavior in different parts of the world.
Especially the people related options – number of people, ethnic groups, age – are very impressive and allow for a quick find of the most relevant images.
123rf.com has segmented the extended license into categories, Print, web and inclusive with prices reflecting the different uses. Extended licenses are purchased with credits, ranging from 50 to 100 credits.
Their licensing system is explained very well on this page.
Add-ons and Special Features
24/7 Customer Service – 123RF provides 24/7 customer service dedicated to assist their customers on business and personal needs.
Corporate+ Program – special request service for corporate buyers who require multi-seat licenses and multiple logins. The program benefits include credit transfers within the corporate group, information storage on their servers so storage needs are reduced, and users can view other employees likeboxes and downloads as well.
Mobile Version – If you are always on the go and is constantly away from your PC, worry not! 123rf.com has a comprehensive mobile site for smartphones. It is a complete site that allows image searches and likebox usage. On top of that, you can now buy images via your smartphone with your Credit Card. When it comes to technical flexibility and options, 123rf.com is up to date.
Social Networks – 123rf.com is maximizing the benefits of social media to enrich customer experience. Not only will you get the latest news and promo updates, you will learn lots through some handy photography tips and design tutorials every now and then: Find 123RF on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest
The 123rf.com Review Summary
The Subscription plans and credit buying programs at 123RF offers very competitive prices compared to other microstock websites. The website is easy to navigate, transparent and full of information. With over 32 million images, their image library is extensive and supplies members with new images daily.
They are great innovators when it comes to engaging their customers through social media networks. If you are not following them on twitter or facebook, sign up for your free membership to benefit from their free downloads and promos. They are a stock photo agency to watch as they are creeping up on the popularity chart and could become one of the microstock leaders.
What are Stock Photos?
Great and easy to understand Video from 123rf: