Pond5 Review – Video and Photo Marketplace
- Primarily a stock video agency with stock photos and illustrations added in 2011
- Stock media includes videos, 3D models, music, after effects, with newly added stock photos and illustrations
- Launched in 2006 as a stock media company that focused on video
- Accepts payments by Visa, American Express, MasterCard, Discover, Paypal and Moneybookers
- The go to place for stock video with over 2.1 million stock video clips, the largest in the industry
- Over 9.2 million stock photos and illustrations thanks to important partnerships with 123rf and most recently took over Pixmac
- Head office and housed in New York, USA
- Started with stock video which is not the industry norm, but this strategic move has taken Pond5 to an incredible status in the microstock industry
Single media purchases or a credit bank option:
- Pond5 has two buying options, purchases in real time using a credit card or purchases using a credit bank for ease of access to funds
- Credit bank is for corporate purchases so that users can access funds through the bank without having to use a credit card for each purchase. This is a not a regular credit option used within the stock photo industry
- Media prices are determined by the artist so there is no consistency to pricing. Prices for images and photos start at $1 USD and videos start as low as $5 USD
- The shopping cart and purchases act just like a retail store, add your purchases and check out. No discounts, no subscriptions, no credits to deal with
Credit Bank Pros
- Enables easy check out
- Perfect buying option for corporate employees
- Buyer determines the amount deposited into the credit bank, there are no minimums
Credit Bank Cons
- No discounts for large or multiple purchases
Single Image purchases Pros
- Fast, easy and effective
- Transparent, easy to understand pricing and super clear
Single Image purchases Cons
- Credit card number or Paypal access required at each purchase
Pond5 has a simple search engine that lets buyers search using keywords, categories, featured media and media type. Buyers can conduct a search within a search to fine tune their media needs. Free Pond5 Downloads are available. They are one of the biggest Stock Footage marketplace in the world.
Licensing options – Royalty-free licenses only
Pond5 has opted to offer Royalty-free licenses only for all media. There are no other licensing options.
Pond5 wants to empower media makers with their large selection of stock media content. Their strategic move to launch video first as their number one media product has paid off for their reputation. With stock photos and images added, Pond5 is becoming a popular choice.
- Media Of The Moment
Pond5 has a great category called Media of the Moment where buyers can see trending video. If you are looking for the latest and greatest trends in video, stop off here and have a look.
- Free stock video download
Pond5 releases a weekly free video download for their registered users. Get an account, and benefit from this weekly give away.
- Adobe Premiere plug -in
Finding and using media could not have been any easier. Pond5 has an Adobe Premiere plug-in to make creative projects move just that much faster.
Buyer accounts – Normally artists have the convenience of personalized accounts but Pond5 has created a buyers account that has more than just a buying feature! Get messages, participate in their community by submitting a blog post, review your account and more! This simplifies and organizes buyers' assets and their account information.
- Interactive community of designers and creatives
- Largest stock video collection online
- Growing global stock media company
Pond5 is moving fast. They just purchased Pixmac so they can increase their stock photo collection and become a top player in stock media and microstock. They are looking to empower, inspire and be the world's largest stock media marketplace. Known for their stock video, it seems that Pond5 will expand that reputation to include all stock media, images, photos and illustrations included. Watch them, and see if their creative library becomes your one stop media outlet.
Check out this Review of the Best Stock Footage Videos of 2013
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.